Sunday, November 15, 2009

Daddy's shirt recycled!!







Using this great tutorial, http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=170402.0 , I used one of Bob's old button down shirts to sew a new dress for Ruby to wear for Thanksgiving. It is still missing the bottom trim, but is otheriwse wearable. I may finish it with some pretty lace detail. It was super easy and would have only taken about 45 minutes if I hadn't been constantly interrupted by a nursing baby and busy toddler!! I can't wait to look through all the local consignment shops for more men's shirts to try this with!! I have plenty of little girls in my life that like to dress up!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute you talented mama!

Rebecca said...

wow! Very cute!!

Holly Steffen said...

love it. that's awesome!!

Kara said...

LOVE IT@ I am so making one of those tomorrow!